Job Roles and Responsibilities
Job roles and responsibilities throughout the creative media sector will often be split into eight categories, those being:
• Creative – Creative jobs generally include producing or designing of some kind. These would include job such as artists, writers or musical artists. Anything where something would be produced would fall into this category.
• Technical – Technical jobs consist of ensuring that any technology aspects of production are all set up and working to satisfaction. This would include jobs such as lighting departments for film productions, or script writers for games production.
• Managerial – Management is the process of making sure a team or company achieves a certain goal or objective. While the managerial jobs ensure that deadlines are met or that everyone is working up to the standard expected, they would not deal with anything on the production side of the project.
• Editorial – Editing is the process of preparing written, visual and audible mediums and modifying them with an intention of producing an accurate and consistent product that would be in-line with their brief.
• Financial – Finance is the side of production that would mostly deal with the funds that a project is allowed to spend. Jobs in this sector could include anything from production accountants to sales agents.
• Administration – Administrative jobs manage a business or a project and are often in charge of making important decisions. Jobs in this category can include health and safety managers or casting crews.
• Legal – The legal jobs involved in media are mostly to ensure that no copyright laws are being broken either by your own project, or others who are making a product similar to yours. Jobs in this sector are often lawyers.